Who can become a member of Inclusion Ireland?
Inclusion Ireland is an umbrella group for individuals and organisations in the intellectual disability sector.
Our members include:
- Individuals such as people with an intellectual disability, parents and family members, those working in services, students, or any person with an interest in intellectual disability can become an individual member of Inclusion Ireland.
- Parent and Friend Associations and Support Groups
- Self-Advocacy Groups
- Voluntary and Statutory organisations providing services to people with an intellectual disability
- Trade unions
- Professional Bodies
- Special interest groups
Why become a member of Inclusion Ireland?
Through the strength of its membership Inclusion Ireland can advocate more effectively for better services, based on the opinion and experiences of a broader group of people and organisations. In return for your support, we promise you.
- Access to our information service
- Access to our advocacy service
- A free copy of all our publications when they are published
- Access to Inclusion Ireland staff if you would like an information talk on any aspect of our work
- You will receive the quarterly newsletter
- You will be notified of all conferences, seminars and other events regionally and nationally
- You will be provided with the opportunity to input into shaping response to Government & HSE policy both at local and national level
What Our Members Do
- We bring people together,
- to talk about what equality and rights mean to them,
- share their experiences, and
- find ways to promote participation and a good life in communities around the country.
- People with intellectual disability are at the centre of everything we do.
- We support our members to take part in decisions that are about them.
- We work with parents, carers, individuals, and professionals who are interested in issues affecting people with intellectual disability.
- We work with our members to build a more inclusive Ireland
- For examples of what our members do
How to join & membership fees
Please be aware that our membership structure is in the process of being reviewed and updated. For the moment please call us on 01 8559891 to discuss membership directly with us.
Inclusion Ireland has both group and individual membership.
If you wish to become an individual member of Inclusion Ireland, please complete the online Individual Membership Application Form.
(b) Organisations and groups
If your group wishes to become one of Inclusion Ireland’s member organisations please complete the online Group Membership Application Form or download it : Group Membership Application Form
Complete the form and click the submit button or print it out and post it.
Organisations affiliated to Inclusion Ireland pay an annual fee based on the size of their membership or the number of persons they provide supports and services to. Please contact us to discuss this
When your application is received you will receive a confirmation that it will be put to the Board of Inclusion Ireland at its next monthly meeting.
How to pay
You can pay online by filling out the online application form for groups, and for individuals. Once you fill out the form online, you are given the option of paying online via paypal (both organisation and individual members have this option).
Inclusion Ireland also accepts bank drafts and postal orders. Please call (01) 8559891 if you have any queries regarding payment.
Application for Group Membership of Inclusion Ireland
A delegate is appointed by the organisation, as a representative to attend Inclusion Ireland
General Meetings and to vote at meetings. The delegate receives all Inclusion Ireland correspondence and is responsible for passing it on to the organisation.
Please enclose a copy of your organisation’s Constitution with the application.
You can complete this form, print it and forward by post to:
Inclusion Ireland, Unit C2, The Steelworks, Foley St, Dublin 1
Or Click the submit button below to email us a copy of your application
Please note once your application has been approved the affiliation fee will be due.
To determine what fee your organisation will have to pay please look at our Fee scale by clicking here: Fee Scale
Application for Individual Membership of Inclusion Ireland
Join our mailing list!
You can sign up for our mailing list here: