Inclusion Ireland wants to recruit a working group of 6 people with intellectual disabilities who want to speak up about rights and have an interest in the media. The media includes newspapers, radio, television, and social media. you can find an easy to read information here Inclusion Ireland Media and Human Rights Working Group Application 2022
What will the group do?
The group will get training about human rights and how to speak up in the media.
There will be 6-8 meetings during 2022.
Some meetings will be on zoom, and some will be in-person events
You will also help to make a guide for journalists about interviewing people with intellectual disabilities.
How to apply for the working group:
You can apply using email to answering the application questions.
Or you can make a video answering the same questions .
Email your application or a video to email@example.com
We may ask you to take part in a Zoom or phone interview
The closing date for applications is 20th March 2022
For more information contact Fiachra – firstname.lastname@example.org – 086 837 3394o
The questions are
1.Tell us about yourself: Name, Age, Phone number, email address and where
you are from.
2. Tell us about how you speak up for yourself or for other people.
3. Tell us about how you work as part of a team or on group projects.
4. If someone asked you to explain what human rights mean to you, what would
5. What experience do you have of speaking in public or being interviewed for
newspaper, TV, or radio? How did it make you feel if you have done it before?
6. Tell us why you want to take part in this working group.
7. Have you used Zoom to take part in meetings?
8. What support would you need to take part in this working group?
9. Is there anything else you would like to tell us.
you can find an easy to read information here Inclusion Ireland Media and Human Rights Working Group Application 2022PDF Download All News
Inclusion Ireland Employment and Human Rights Working Group 2023Read More
Profound difficulties in Housing and Supported Living for adults with intellectual disabilities in IrelandRead More
Inclusion Ireland Statement on the Delay of the Opening of the Decision Support ServiceRead More
Inclusion Ireland and AsIAm give a Cautious Welcome to the Pause of the Rollout of the Assessment of Need ProcessRead More
Budget 2023 Response on EducationRead More