Dear Family Support Groups, Family Members and Friends,
We are planning our 2021 Connect Family Network information sessions where we hope to connect with local family support groups, people with disability, parents, and friends.
In the spirit of community engagement, we would like to partner with family support groups around the country to organise events and bring people together to learn, share and support. With your help we can reach a wider audience and give people with disability and their family members a stronger voice.
Each information session will include a presentation from Inclusion Ireland or guest speaker and then time for questions and discussion. We hope that in the second half of 2021 we will be able to host in-person meetings across the country but, for the moment, all sessions are being organised online via Zoom.
- Is your family support group interested to partner with us to organise a Connect Family Network information session ?
- Can you link with other groups and organisations from your area to be part of the event?
- Can you recommend topics or speakers for your group’s meeting?
Whether organising or taking part your questions, your comments and feedback will guide our information and advocacy work in the year ahead.
What to do
Take a look at the 2021 Sessions listed in the attached information pack. Topics include:
- The UNCRPD – Human Rights for People with Disabilities
- Education – Advocating on Behalf of Your Child
- New Directions -What to Expect from Day Services.
- Financial Supports
- Supporting Decision- making
- Making a Will and Emergency Planning
- Community Living – 19 Stories of Social Inclusion
And if your group is interested in co-hosting an online talk please contact Mary at email@example.com or Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 8559891 as soon as possible for more information. Registration to attend our 2021 sessions will start on Wednesday 3rd February. As with all Connect Family Network events attendance is free but we ask people to register, to support access and as numbers are limited.
If you would like to join Inclusion Ireland membership is available from as little as €1 https://inclusionireland.ie/membership/PDF Download All News
Government Summer Programme ‘heading for complete failure’Read More
Paul Alford to speak at 12th International Disability Law Summer SchoolRead More
Children with disabilities ‘up to three times more likely to be bullied’, Inclusion Ireland tells Oireachtas CommitteeRead More
DPCN Response to Ireland’s Draft State Report under the UNCRPDRead More
INVITE: Focus Group – Interacting with new Decision Support ServiceRead More