- In 2017, Inclusion Ireland completed a year-long project funded by the Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission that developed a toolkit for setting up equality and rights committees in disability services.
- The project was directed by a Steering Committee made up of 7 people with lived experience of intellectual disability. This Steering Committee was central to all aspects of the project.
- The project involved people with intellectual disabilities being trained to deliver equality and rights training to their peers and professionals in disability services. This training was piloted at three events in Dublin, Cork and Sligo.
- The project also involved bringing over 150 people together at two separate national learning and sharing events. These events – and the project in general – brought people together to talk of what equality and rights mean to them, share their experiences, and discuss ways to promote equality and human rights in services and communities around the country.
- The toolkit ‘Making Equality & Rights Real’ sets out the best practices for services to set up human rights committees.
To have physical copies of the Rights Committee toolkit posted out call us on (01) 8559891 or you may download it here
rights commitee Toolkit
Join our mailing list!
You can sign up for our mailing list here: