Our Housing Rights Campaign
The Decision Support Service
The Decision Support Service is set up within the Mental Health Commission and will oversee the implementation of the new Assisted Decision-making legislation.
The Decision Support Service will:
- Raise awareness about UN Convention on rights of People with a Disability & the Assisted Decision-making Act
- Supervise those supporting decision-making, the assistants, co decision-makers, representatives, and attorneys
- Appoint panels of representatives, court friends, special and general visitors for those who do not have a circle of support from whom they can chose supports known to them.
- Keep a register of support agreements, read reports
- Deal with complaints and start investigations
- Give advice to the court making a decision
For more information read –
Mental Health Commission
Current Status of the Decision Support Service
Director of the Decision Support Service
Image: Aine Flynn, Director of the Decision Support Service.
Join our mailing list!
You can sign up for our mailing list here: